br111 brazilian cherry

I had br111 brazilian cherry installed last week but have some questions. It was glued down to a concrete floor. However, there are a few hollow sounding spots and a few spots where the floor actually "gives" a bit when you walk over it. What can I do and how can I hold the installer responsible. Is this to be expected with this type of installation? How can this be fixed?

Reply to
dutchmomof3

Well, my first thought was put down a piece of tape, drill through the tape (and floor) with a small drill bit, and inject some epoxy into the cavity. I have NO idea if this is a good idea or not, but it's my inclination.

Reply to
Clint

That was my second though. My first is to just leave it alone. The concrete floor is probably not perfect and the wood sprung before hte glue could set. I have a few spots like that and nothing has come of them after a few years.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Depending on the type of glue that was used you might be able to put something heavy on the springy spot for a week or so and it might stick thereafter. I had a threshold that walked around for a couple of months befor it finally stuck. It was slightly cupped, concave down, until it stuck. My guess is that was due to moisture in the mastic and when the mastic dried the threshold straightend out and stuck.

Latex mastics, under flooring can stay a little sticky for a long time.

Reply to
fredfighter