Bowing upon resaw

I am starting to resaw some boards to make drawer side of 1/2 inch. The faces of the board to be resawn have been made parallel to each other before resawing. The board has a moisture content of about 6%. When I complete the cut the boards tend to bow away from each other. Short of face jointing and planning them back to parallel, is there a way to get them straight again? Is there a book or article that will explain this phenomenon in wood?

Reply to
Carl E. Wasmuth, Jr.