Bottle opening conundrum?

Have you tried drilling a hole down thru the cap and pouring paint thinner in?

Jim wonders

Reply to
Woodhead

IIRC, Bob Villa is advertising a new laser guided wrench for that specific problem ... DAGS.

Reply to
Swingman

Works good don't it !!!!!

Reply to
wide glide

Suggestions? Isn't it working properly? ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Take it to dinner and a movie?

Art

Reply to
WoodButcher

Lefty loosey...

Reply to
Nova

No suggestions... but at least you know it works.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Hello everyone,

I just bought a bottle of LocTite and I cannot seem to get the top off.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

David.

Reply to
David F. Eisan

| I just bought a bottle of LocTite and I cannot seem to get the top | off. | | Any suggestions?

Try unscrewing the /other/ end.

Morris Dovey

I'd have to go look at my bottle, but are you sure the top is supposed to come off? I have a small pipe wrench that will take about anything off.

Reply to
Toller

A couple of drops of UnTite should do.

Reply to
Robatoy

Nope.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Did you forget the combination??

Reply to
Stoutman

Wed, Jan 24, 2007, 8:16pm (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@iedu.com (Morris=A0Dovey) doh suggest: Try unscrewing the /other/ end.

I was going to suggest he tturn the cap in the opposite direction. But upon careful consideraon of your suggeston, I believ your suggsestion is prorbably more useful then my own.

JOAT Bugrit. Millennium hand AND shrimp.

Reply to
J T

No, but at least you know the stuff works!

Seriously, is it a plastic bottle? Did you try holding it with 2 pairs of pliers or in a vise? Heat will often work when removing fasteners that have been loctited (that is a verb, isn't it?) but if it's a plastic bottle, that would be iffy. I guess in a worst case, you could cut or break the bottle and transfer the contents to another container.

I remember reading somewhere - that is one of the great mysteries of life...

If it's that good at what it does, why doesn't the top stick to superglue bottles/tubes?

:¬)

Reply to
Old Caledonia

Reply to
nospambob

There's your first mistake! :)

Reply to
Swingman

Oddly, hot and cold often work in opposite directions.

Reply to
Leon

RRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,,,,,went the reel. ;~)

Reply to
Leon