Bosch 14.4v deal at Amazon

Currently Amazon has the Bosch 33164-2G which is the 14.4V Brute Tough drill/driver with the new blue core batteries for $148.15 with free shipping. (and as an added bonus they are actually in stock!) That is

80 cents cheaper than you can buy a refurbished one from CPO Bosch (when you include the shipping) and the one from Amazon is not refurbished. That's the best deal on them that I have seen in the couple of months that I've been looking for one . Hope that helps someone. Happy sawdust, BC
Reply to
bc

And then there is this, also a great deal.

weight and the impact will be more powerful than the 14.v volt drill.

Reply to
Leon

The "impact" may be "more powerful" but it's in the wrong direction for drilling concrete, which is what the "hammer" on a hammerdrill is for.

Reply to
J. Clarke

I'll agree that an impact driver does not do the job of a hammer drill. What does a hammer drill have to do with this thread? The OP did not mention anything about a hammer drill. The OP did mention a 33164-2G drill/driver.

14.4V Brute Tough does not mean that it is a hammer drill.

A 33164-2G is simply a drill/driver.

Leon

Reply to
J. Clarke

On Jan 27, 8:18 pm, J. Clarke wrote: Then why does "impact" enter into the discussion at all?

I'm a big fan of my impact driver. (The set he referred to included a drill and an impact driver.) It's excellent for driving lag bolts, and I use it for machinery (dis)assembly too. It's much shorter barrel allows me to get into tighter areas, and mine's also got a light (for installing cabinets) and an excellent clutch. The only beef with mine (the Panasonic) is the forward/reverse switch. I've changed my grip to avoid accidentally hitting it though, and it's a real nice tool for me. JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

Apparently you do not know the difference between an impact driver and a hammer drill. Google it. Learn something.

Reply to
CW

Because it is included with the drill/driver package that I pointed out. Think, for an extra $31 you also get am impact driver over the Bosch sale price.

Reply to
Leon