Bookcase design

Thanks for everyones suggestions - still looking for the right source,

am an enthusiastic amateur looking for a simple guide to building a in-built bookcase. In my mind I expect to screw batten to the wal then fix side and back boards, then add bottom cupboard unit an shelves (not sure how, want them to look floating) and then ad mouldings to sides and top to finish - am I on the right lines ??

cheers Andy

Jeff Gorman Wrote:

"andyraps" snipped-for-privacy@news.diybanter.com wrote- > > Anyone know of a good website where I can get a design for > bookcase. > I want to build one into an alcove in my study.- > > Andy might like to look at my web site - Projects - A Bookcase in Oak. > > If, by the way, anyone can find the source of the 404 error relatin > to > bookcaseindex.htm I shall be indebted. I've made several attempts to d > so. > > Jeff G > > -- > Jeff Gorman, West Yorkshire, UK > email : Username is amgron > ISP is clara.co.uk >

-- andyraps

Reply to
andyraps

Breeze through back issues of Fine Homebuilding

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Go to your public library. Surely, they'll have a nice bookshelf book that will probably go into a lot more detail than anything you'd find on the web.

Reply to
bf