Blower-vacs - good for sawdust?

Was thinking of getting a cheap electric one after seeing my sister-in-law do a "Terminator" impression with a Ryobi yesterday, I asked for a demon- stration of how well it worked and she said, "I love it but one of your brother's socks is stuck in the motor and we haven't figured out how to remove it yet." Needless to say that dampened my enthusiasm some, but I'd still like to know about the sawdust angle. It would be great for a quick cleanup under the table saw if there weren't any drawbacks to using it for that purpose.

Reply to
BUB 209

The bag will pass quite a bit of dust, other than that, no problem! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Get a broom. You sweep, the dust moves around, and then it stays where you swept it.

Unless you have really good suction and efficient filtration (i.e. you're using your DC) then anything powered is just a good way of making a dust cloud that'll take a week to settle out.

Andy Dingley

I use a blower for chip collection:

Tom C. Williams