black & decker sandstorm

When I started out buying power tools I needed a lighter weight sander inorder to finish a project.

Not knowing any better I purchased the odd black & decker sandstorm.

It has actually been quite handy. The dust collector was a joke but I still used it a bunch.

Recently while sanding something, part of the velcro bottom came off. There is supposed to be a diamond shaped plastic velcro tip that is supposed to be replacable just in case you were to wear it out. The little plastic piece came off and I don't know how it is held on. There is a small screw coming down from the top but nothing for the screw to hold onto. I searched all over the floor for a nut when the tip came off but could not find anything.

Anyways, is this silly thing made any more? Ofcourse, Home Depot does not carry it and when I ask a clerk they claim to have never seen one.

The other question is what to replace it with. I'm debating using epoxi to permenently attach the tip and then toss the sander when it does wear out but I'll eventually need a replacement. Having been burned by BD once I hesitate buying a mouse.

Reply to
william kossack

George M. Kazaka