Biscuit joiner

No arc cut.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

They work fine.

-- Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed. -- Storm Jameson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Thanks. While I have little need right now for a surface biscuit, it is nice to know how it is done.

Reply to
Knuttle

I have one. It's handy, but I don't use it much. I don't build that many cabinets, but when I do I usually use mortise and tenon joints for the face frames (not just because it's stronger than biscuits or pocket hole screws, but because it's fun!) and tongue and groove joints to attach the face frames to the side panels.

Reply to
Steve Turner

DeWalt. Used for alignment when making panels. Also find it useful for cutting slots in table aprons for the table top clips.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

used the PC 577 for the 45° joints. Alignment was my primary concern

Max

Reply to
Max

When I was doing more flat work I used them quite a bit.. Much better than dowels and more adjustment before the glue sets..

Started out with the harbor Freight model until I know I had a use for one, them My wife bought me the Craftsman, which at the time was a Dewalt with a different handle.. Nice to move up to a good fence which was also adjustable.. I used it mostly on a table mounted jig, great for drawer sides, etc.. Then, I got lazy and used glue and an air nailer.. lol

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

(snip)

Watching to much Norm?

Jim in Milwaukee

Reply to
Jim in Milwaukee

CW wrote the following:

Why do you need a biscuit joiner? I just take two of them and press them together in my hands. :-)

Reply to
willshak

What "is" a biscuit joiner? Must be something like a tennon receiver maker. Has any one really seen a tool called a biscuit joiner? LOL

Reply to
Leon

WOW! I have now officially seen a major manufacturer call it's Plate Joiner a Biscuit Joiner. Call some thing by the wrong name long enough and it gets renamed.... Huh Mr. Jigsaw? ;~)

Reply to
Leon

What happens when you press two biscuit joiners together?

Max (just curious)

Reply to
Max

Depends on whether you put them together with sufficient force. If sufficient, your entire neighborhood gets vaporized.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Instantaneous spontaneous replication.

Prevert!

-- Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed. -- Storm Jameson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Have a DeWalt... from Dad's collection. Every once in a while, I open up a case and find another nice surprise. This still had the twist tie around the power cord.

I'm using it a fair amount for panels. Also a darn nice tool for making slots for Z-clips to hold table top to apron.

Reply to
Steve

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

It has been called a biscuit joiner for 30 years..... hasn't it?

Reply to
Robatoy

The only place I actually join biscuits is when I'm about to cover them with sausage gravy.

Max

Reply to
Max

No, but you might produce a Higgs boson.

Max

Reply to
Max

It's funny, Jim.. I've never watched or heard of Norm's show until I joined the wRECk.. I feel like I know him, though.. lol