Best workflow for furniture-thoughts?

On Mar 26, 10:31 pm, Matt In Fenton wrote: [snipped purely because I can]

I do that all the time with good results.

Robatoy

I have some furniture that I am going to be working on for myself 2 computer desks and 3 dressers, because these pieces have lots of tight corners and hard to reach areas I'd like to avoid the build it, assemble it, finish it methodology.

My plans are to use biscuits and screws for the joinery. The screws will mainly be for holding the hutches to the lower parts of the desks, slides for the drawers etc.

Biscuit joints will be glued. I've read that glue does not work well, if at all on pieces that have been finished and waxed. I'm wondering if the best approach is to mask off the areas to be glued with masking tape and then finish the piece before final assembly. This makes it much easier to get to everything and would increase the application time of stain and "clear".

With proper taping, such as using 1/2" wide tape centered on a 3/4" wide area, there would be enough over lap of the joints that there wouldn't be any touch up. And if so then very little touch up would be necessary.

Any thoughts to this approach?

Reply to
Matt In Fenton