Best way to drill a 1" hole through 2" thick maple?

A hand powered post drill would be better than a brace and bit. Easier to keep thiings square.

Reply to
clare

You forgot to mention it also has flesh sensing technology... ;~)

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

xxxx wrote in news:XnsA3A3D0642AE94dontenenthinkaboutit@69.16.179.23:

Hmm, I'm not sure how well a forstner bit would work in a brace. Might have to try it some time. I kinda suspect you'd need a bit with a lead screw to use in a brace.

Anyway, the trick with using a block of scrap for a guide works with a brace, too.

John

Reply to
John McCoy