Best Method for Protecting/Sealing Rustic Pine Furiniture - IMG_2462.JPG (0/1)

I just purchased some rustic pine furniture that was imported from Mexico. I believe the furniture has only been stained. What would be the best way to protect the finish on this furniture? I like natural look and really don't want to add any shine to the furniture.

On a small section I applied a small amount of Tung Oil Finish and it removed some of the stain. It didn't remove a a lot but it is quite noticeable. Is there something I could use that would keep the same dull luster while adding some protection to the wood?

I've attached a picture of what the furniture looks like.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Don snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
zyft02

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote

This is not a binary newsgroup. No attachments, please.

Reply to
Woodchuck Bill

Don't see any picture..........and don't want to........send it to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking Now about your question, there are any number of preservatives on the market. Get to the BORG and flip a coin. Or try the corner hardware store. Thompson's Water Seal comes to mind

Dave

Reply to
David Babcock

I've been using Briwax brand Rustic Pine. Somehow I received a sample tube from their website briwax dot com. You might try it on another inconspicous spot forst. The amount of buffing impacts on the luster.

Rick New Mexico

Reply to
Rick