badly cupped boards

Hey there people-

If you have a badly cupped board (across the width) don't despair, there's potential for a whole bunch of butt-comfy stools there.

Just saw it into short lengths, a foot or so, add legs at each corner and ails to hold it all together and you've got a collection of comfy places to sit.

You need a bandsaw to cut the curves of the cupped board, that you've traced on the rail material, but that's it.

Good summer arts and crafts show sale material :-)

James snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com http:// snipped-for-privacy@breck.org

Reply to
brocpuffs

I wish I had time to do that.

Hey, I'll trade you some of my badly cupped Ash boards for some good flat hardwood ones you might have? How bout it?

Mike

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

I'm sorry, but trading in ash is illegal.

;) Myx

Reply to
Myxylplyk

Good choice of wood for the project.

Reply to
Scratch Ankle Wood

Only petrified ash, Myx.

Sorry you don't have the time, Mike. OTOH I would love to actually sell something or get paid for the work I do!

Sure. 100 bf of cupped wood per 1 bf of good wood sound about right?