Attn: Han, Leon, Josepi, John

I missed this original thread from about four months ago - it's not that I can't keep up with the conversation ;) . I laughed when I saw the picture. When I haven't been tripping over it, I've been dodging one of these for over 25 years. The particle board top had achieved the consistency of styrofoam, so two weeks ago I stripped it down in preparation for the trash. The color is B&D orange, but the name/logo HirsH is on the bottom front horizontal crossbar. Clamps underneath the table held the power tool by the tool's base plate. It came with a miter gauge that rode in plastic slots and a blade guard. I can't imagine that it could be sold today for safety reasons, but way back when it was marginally effective once the blade was aligned as best as possible. I remember it tilting back when using a circular saw, and I think I stuck a jigsaw on it for a while. Thanks for the memories.

------------------- "Han" wrote in message news:Xns9EB452D2C7D72ikkezelf@216.151.153.164... I used a commercial variation of the homemade setup discussed on the rec, a long time ago. I can't find the company name. Now it is a stand for my little planer and my big homemade airfilter. I don't recall having had any real problem with the setup, but my Craftsman tablesaw with modifications (bought ca. 25 years ago) works easier.

Reply to
Joe

Joe over it, I've been dodging one of these for over 25 years. The

As of ~9 years ago, the setup just serves as the support for the humongous air cleaner I built using an eBay squirrel fan that turned out much bigger than anticipated. I need to make a copule of photos to show setup ... I had wanted to hang it from the basement ceiling, but I'm afraid it would be a bad trapdoor for the unsuspecting wandering around my living room ...

Reply to
Han