at auction

... the proverbial :-)

John T.

Reply to
hubops

The only thing dumber than that auction item is the winner.

Reply to
krw

At least the owner has them "all in one place". I'm sort of envious that all of mine aren't in one place (I'm talking mallets, ball-peens, a tack hammer, claw hammers, more?).. For Christmas, I got the 14' tree-cutting/lopping tool I asked for ("Fiskars" brand, at HD). I'm sort of looking forward to trying it out in the spring! It's not "industrial-strength", but I don't have an orchard. It actually feels stronger and heavier than I expected it to. It may lose some of that strength when it is extended from 7', we'll see.

Wishing everyone here a great 2023!!!

Reply to
Bill

Had to look up your Fiskars tree pruner. Year ago I had need for something like that. Big dead branch was hanging down in the tree in the front yard. Been there for years. But the ladder was not long enough to get me close enough to cut it. And cutting a big heavy branch log a foot away while perched at the top of a 12 foot ladder was maybe not safe either. Fortunately things worked out and I had access to an all terrain diesel forklift for a few weeks. Put a pallet on the forks and lifted my brother up with a chainsaw. Got the tree branch cut off.

Reply to
russellseaton1

I mainly have tall bushes along the back fence, and they are getting so tall I couldn't even reach the top of the fronts of them the last time. Hopefully tool will help. I also have a "Weeping Cherry" in the front yard that I've never been able to reach the top of (in 12 yrs). So hopefully this pruner will make spring cleanup a little more "fun". Don't get me wrong, if she had ruled against my request, and presented me a motorcycle instead, I would have been "cool with that"! : )

Reply to
Bill

I've had a Snap-Cut pole pruner for 30+ years that has been great for maintenance around the house. In the past decade I've taken on rail trail maintenance and also have a lot more maintenance on my family's properties so I bought a Stihl HT131 pole pruner (chainsaw on an extendable pole). The thing is a beast... I've cut off 12" branches while clearing storm damage. I enjoy the tree work and just bought my fifth chainsaw... a Stihl MS661... that I'll also be using in my Granberg Alaskan saw mill in place of the MS461. The tree work and Alaskan mill has given me access to free logs... I have maple, ash, walnut, and cherry in my lumber shed.

Reply to
John Grossbohlin