Asbestos concern?

Chaos, panic, disorder...my work here is done. ;)

Yes, and I plonked him for his idiotic assumptions.

A pipe cutter will tend to leave a sharp edge, but ther reamer pushes it out beyond the lip of the connector it slides into, protecting all wiring from any sharp edges. The Noaf Kay-lina boy must not even be _using_ connectors if his wires get cut. Or he's just careless with the reamer. Yes, a round or rattail halfround file will work with a hacksaw, too, but you have a lot more cleanup if you do that, both in the pipe and on the shop floor. Saw shavings left in the emt will chafe wiring, too, if they're not too busy finding their way into your fingertips. ;)

-- We are always the same age inside. -- Gertrude Stein

Reply to
Larry Jaques

We had a new 60 unit apartment building condemned, electrically, and made the Electrician repipe the whole building after using a pipe cutter and reaming out the burrs. There were still several places that ripped the insulation off the wires. Not a fun job after most of the drywall was on.

I wouldn't even try it with a pipe cutter after that one. It was only a small arc and we caught it in the testing stage.

Use a hacksaw and file or reamer.

-----------

Reply to
Josepi

That would do it. It's only the inside burrs that are a problem with an EMT fitting slid over it.

--------

Josepi

Yep, that will do.

Mine is mounted in a brace and bit setup. There is not a need, but it is what I got. (from my dad)

-- Jim in NC

Reply to
Morgans