Anyone have experience with these California Air Tools compressors

There is no company "California air tools" that actually makes compressors in California. "California air tools" is a brand of an importer. Manufacturer of these compressors is not known and does not want to attach its own name.
That tells me about enough, these are unlikely to be quality compressors, because quality costs money and is not worth that in a no name brand discount product.
On 6/1/2013 3:32 PM, Ignoramus20081 wrote:

You do realize that just because the manufacturer puts the name on the tool that the reseller wants does not make the tool unlikely to be a quality product.
Most compressors are made by a few manufacturers, very few name brand compressors are actually manufactured by the company with its name on the product. Take SpeedAir for instance.
On Wednesday, May 29, 2013 at 10:38:48 PM UTC-5, tdacon wrote:

I purchased one, a 5510SE. It worked well and is super quiet until the check valve developed a leak after a few months (crack on the check valve housing).
No problem, I ordered another check valve but I received the wrong part. It turns out that they don't use the check valve that came with my compressor anymore.
I had to contact the company to get the correct part, instead they sent me several other parts to make their new incorrect check valve work. I could not complete the "retro fit" because their bag of parts was missing a part. I contacted them again (had to call and finally got a hold of someone I think was on the shop floor). He told me to get in with contact customer service at yada yada # and tell them to get me the part.
I finally got the part, but it doesn't fit. My compressor is still INOP. This weekend 17 Nov. 18, I contacted them again but this time through their sales link thinking I could contact someone who cares but today I received the old standard, "Send us purchase date, where purchased,......." yada yada routine.
I think if the compressor can stay running it will work ok but I'll have to go a different route to fix it.
In short, their service, parts, and sales department suck. They don't even know their product well enough to send the correct part(s). I would try a different brand.
Oh and another thing, don't use their website to contact them, any inquiry I sent went to the black hole and no one ever contacted me back. Carlos
On Mon, 19 Nov 2018 15:09:42 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

It looks like they are made by Fengbao in Shanghai, and if the Ali Baba prices are to be believed there's a collossal markup on them.
<http://www.chinafengbao.com/product_show.asp?idR
I have no idea what fengbao is like to work with--they may not speak English, or may give you the brush off, or may say "Holy crap, send us a picture of the part you need and we'll have one right out to you".
wrote in message
[...]

What part cracked exactly? Check valves do sometimes fail. The one in my Cambell Hausfeld roll around amazing never has and I've had that compressor over 20 years. I used it as a contractor compressor in the field for most of the 23 years I spent as a licensed contractor. On my Kobalt shop compressor the check valve failed after about 3 years. I took it apart and cleaned it and it worked a little better, but still leaked a little. I dropped an o-ring in it as a "temporary" fix to seal the seat faces a little over a year ago and ordered a replacement check valve. The replacement check valve has been in my drawer for spare air tool parts for a year now.
If you were a neighbor I'd say just bring it over and we will make one. Ordinarily I'd say its not worth the time and effort to make something like that, but if you can't get the right part an hour or two of shop time is cheaper than a new compressor. I would suggest that you try third party sources. There are lots of parts out there. Pressure switches, check valves, pumps, motors. With a little ingenuity none of them have to be OEM.
In another lifetime I did warranty (I set us up as a warranty shop) and non warranty service on a few different lines of air compressors for Tool & Supply Co of Yuma, but shop and contractor compressors really aren't all that complicated.