Alltrade Compressor

My local Costco has a small, Alltrade brand air compressor that looks like it will meet my current and near-term needs. I, however, have never heard of Alltrade. I DAGed the REC and found posts where people made comments about this brand, however no one spoke about experience.

So I'm askin':

Does any one have an Alltrade Air Compressor? Pros/cons??

The unit I'm interested in is 5 gal/ 3HP, 15A @ 120V, 5.0 scfm @ 40 psi, 3.8 scfm @ 90 psi, oil lubed, $95 US.

Thanks for your input,

Bill Leonhardt

Reply to
Bill Leonhardt

I drive past their warehouse almost every day.

Strictly far east garbage sold at a bottom feeder price.

IMHO, save your money.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

He said Costco, not Harbor Freight!

Costco also sells DeWalt and Milwaukee tools as well as other reputable brands. Never heard of the compressor though. You could go to Sears and buy a craftsman compressor, but as I'm sure you know, most craftsman stuff has slowly become 'far east garbage' with Bob Villa's picture on it, so for

95 bucks, if it has a tank and a motor, how bad can it be?

Reply to
Rumpy

AllTrade & Harbor Freight are both lower than whale crap and that is at the bottom of the ocean.

I must admit, I shop at harbor Freight for disposables such as chip brushes and non sterile surgical gloves.

Working with epoxy, i use a lot of both of them.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

If I need a tool that I know I won't use very often I will buy harbor freight. Like the power planer I got for $19.95 on sale. I have used it more than I thought and I just can't kill it. I use it to plane high 2x4's when drywall needs to sit flat and plane doors. It's like a timex watch. I also bought their roto zip tool for the same price and it's still going strong. I would never buy a miter saw, sazall, nailers, circular saw or cordless drill, tools I rely on everyday. I have to admit I do have one of their air compressors not sure who makes it. It's one you ad oil to. Think it's a 3 hp.

125 psi. I only bought it cause my porter cable was stolen from my truck and I needed a quick fix and a cheap one. I still use it when I'm doing finish work. It seems the one's you oil are much quieter too.

Rich

Reply to
Evodawg

All trade is HF Chinese slave labor factory material, in a retail box, no matter where it's sold.

Depending on the individual's circumstances, that level of quality can suffice, but let's not try and pretty it up.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

==================================

Have to agree AllTrade is a VERY "cheap" tool brand

It may however meet the current needs of the original poster..

BUT if his Short Time needs exceed the morning he may be out of luck..before lunchtime...

Junk is Junk not much else I can say...

Bob G

Reply to
Bob G.

Reply to
nospambob

All true. As I said, I have never heard of them. My only point is there is nothing wrong with Costco.

Reply to
Rumpy

Any of you guys actually own this? I really despise when people bash things left and right without ever having things they are talking about. Costco actually sells some very good stuff. Are you saying leather chairs from LANE are Chinese ancors that belong at the bottom of the ocean? Or maybe Dewalt is also that? Anything and everything is made in China. I hate Wal-mart for the cheap crap they sell but even Wal-Mart sells Campbel-Hausfeld compressors that are pretty good. There is no reason to bash things if you never had them. I actually bought that Alltrade compressor and I am very very happy with it. It would drive a framing gun easy. It is NOT for someone who makes a living doing construction, however. It is not as mobile (does not have wheels) but it has quality construction, none of its quick connects ever leaks, the signs, regulators, everything is good quality. It is quiet, and holds pressure fine. It is on the lower side (110 psi tops) but you rarely need more. I drive stapler, finisher, brad, and framer with that thing. For $96 you CANNOT GO WRONG.

Reply to
DIYwarrior

Do people have no sense of letting others know to what they are responding? In this case I actually viewed all headers -- the poster is responding to a thread for which the last post was in July of this year. A few lines of context would have saved others the trouble of figureing out what the heck this was in response to.

BIG ClUE: Yes, many of us use threaded newsreaders, however, we DON'T keep all headers enabled because it makes it very difficult to find where the new posts are and to efficiently follow threads. A few lines of context inserted in a response orient the reader to the discussion in progress and allow those previously following it to pick up on a poster's new comments.

Mark & Juanita