Airless spayer for acrylic

Are those about the only sprayers to use to spray acrylic paints? Im painting some cabinets and this paint is too viscous to work with my HVLP gun. I want a better finish then what I can do with a brush and its a lot faster. thanks

Reply to
trs80

If you are meaning that the paint is to thick, you should try thinning it. If you have the opportunity to change aircaps on your HVLP, you should be using about a 2mm cap, not the stock which is usually somewhere between 1.4 and 1.8 on factory equipped gun.

I have sprayed acrylic very well through my HVLP system with the paint thinned just a little.

One not of caution; unlike many other finishes, the particulates in acrylics must stay in suspension. If you over thin, you can ruin the factory recipe and affect the wear/abrasion resistance of your finish. Worse, over thinning can lead to a different color than you want. A call to the tech line on the can will get you some guidance on that.

That's one I learned the hard way.

On the other hand, that nift little Graco dx is only about $300, and for that price it is a steal. It does some nice work without any thinning of the paints. If you think you might paint the house, shop, garage or anything else of size this is a great machine.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Reply to
trs80

"trs80" wrote in news:wBqbi.405941$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe14.phx:

Have you considered using a paint conditioner such as Floetrol?

Morvin Stayner