Advice for dado blade

Then stay far, far away. Still works for me (no flying carbide sharpnel tips). I run the Griz 2" dia shaper cutters on my RAS at 20,000 (or less with a router speed control) RPM and don't wring my hands.

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

I'm saving up for the new Freud dado blade--it's dial-adjustable in .004" increments. $270.00 is kinda steep but it sounds like a winner--no splintering, flat bottom cuts in all materials. I'm sold on (most) Freud blades after using their Glue Line rip blade--resawed some 3" walnut gunstocks with it, unbelievable! Roger OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Reply to
roger

Not at all true. I have motor from a TS-300 and a 36-600 saw in my garage. Both types will take a full 13/16 stacked dado head cutter - as per Delta's specs. I never would have bought the 36-600 oh so many years ago if it had not accepted a normal dado. I used a Freud SD208.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G.

A tough question to answer I'm afraid Bridger.

I feed at a speed that feels comfortable. A speed where I can feel the resistance of the wood and blade contact but not where it feels like the board is being forced into the blades or it wants to chatter.

With a 3 horse motor torque isn't really and issue. I doubt I could feed the stock fast enough to stall the blade no matter what I did.

Reply to
Mike G

Those saws have universal motors and turn that fast only with no load. As soon as you start cutting something the RPM drops off. At any rate, you'd probably want nothing larger than a 6" dado on either of them anyway.

Reply to
Lawrence Wasserman

I use a Jet contractor's saw with an 8" Signature dado set that I got from Lowe's. It does a pretty good job, but I would buy the Freud set from Amazon if I were going to buy it today. The saw seems to handle the 8" set with no problems.

Dick Durbin groovy in Tallahassee

Reply to
Dick Durbin

Its on eBay for $69 +$10 shipping too (Tax only if you are in FL).

Reply to
Subw00er