Adhesive for Plexiglas to wood

Pan head screws. Flat heads will split acrylic like wedges.

Reply to
Father Haskell

plastic for *any* of it?

'Cause I have the plastic (several scraps) and I thought it would be nice to see what's happening under the device. (what should I call this thing anyway) I put it together with epoxy and it seems sufficiently sturdy for experimenting. I'm taking the advice of those who recommend

  1. Lexan
  2. Making it all plastic. (I can get the adhesive the same place I get the Lexan) (Baker Glass & Plastics, El Paso)

Meanwhile I'm figgerin' out the rest of the apparatus and how to mount the "thing".

Reply to
MaxD

The working model will be all Lexan.

I will use the adhesive for polycarbonate.

Thanks for that tip!

I have a good heat gun but I think I'll avoid trying to create any curved surfaces.

Many Thanks Lew.

Max

Reply to
MaxD

Yep, and thanks

Max

Reply to
MaxD

MaxD wrote in news:51315881$0$43841$c3e8da3$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

Good luck with it! Post photos when it's done, and let us know how well it collects the dust.

Reply to
Doug Miller

-------------------------------------------------- In that case, stop by a hobby shop and get a tube of plastic model airplane glue.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Hobby shop??

They were quite common years ago. The last hobby shop around here died 5 years ago. I don't even know if there are any around here any more. I understand on of the reasons is that all the manufacturers of various military gear, trucks, etc insisted on big buck royalties for making models of their products. Congress was supposed to change that, but they never did. Guess they were too busy playing fiscal chicken.

Anyway, because of that, there is almost no more models any more. Unless there has been a development lately that I never heard of. Doncha feel old?

Reply to
Lee Michaels

BIG on-line model forum. Lot's of plans, tips, builders,projects, etc

Richard

"Lee Michaels" wrote:

Yep.

Oh well google "testors plastic cement".

Somebody still sells it.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

On Sat, 02 Mar 2013 00:24:06 -0600, Richard

And, here's another large hobby shop.

Dave

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:5131a522$0$38949 $c3e8da3$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

Check walthers.com They not only have a hobby shop locator, but a huge catalog their dealers can order from. There's usually no extra charge for shipping, but it does take a few days depending on the shop.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

towerhobbies.com

Been doing business with them for many years.

Max

Reply to
MaxD

------------------------------------------------ Looks like an RC unit.

RC was just starting when I got out.

During those years it was either U-Control or free flight, 1/2 A (0.049 cubic inch) max for power.

Didn't have to chase it so far to retrieve it.

Used a fuse to activate de-thermalizer.

What engine do you have in it?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Ask around for fuse these days and see who comes to visit!

Reply to
Richard

---------------------------------------------------------------- Back then, you made your own fuses.

As a pimple faced kid, got some funny looks when I asked the druggest for salt-peter the first time.

Druggist knew my dad.

No problem getting mason's twine.

Lsw

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Had to think about that for awhile. It's been quite a few years. I believe that plane had a K&B .40 Futaba radio.

Reply to
MaxD

Lew Hodgett wrote:

------------------------------------------------------ Looks like some things have stood the test of time.

K&B was a major engine supplier after WWII.

How many channels on the radio?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Six. We have an RC group here, "EL Paso Radio Controllers". Several of the members were ex RCAT fliers for target practice at Fort Bliss. They were really good. There was a guy who used to stop by every now and then whose name You might remember, Frank Borman. He owns a big auto dealership in Las Cruces, NM (35 miles N. of El Paso)

Reply to
MaxD