A Thief Visits

About a month or so ago, we discussed T1-11 siding for someone's shed and I= was one who commented, with regard to my garage and shop T1-11 siding. Th= at thread spurred me to dress up the interior of my garage, reprime and re= paint. =20

Yestersay, about half way through the job, I had 2 reupholstered foot stool= s to deliver to the decorator, not far away, and left the garage open, whil= e gone. 15 minutes was enough time for some thief to steal 3 cans of prime= r and 2 cans of paint.... about all he could reasonably carry off, I suppos= e. Seldom is there anything of value stored in my garage to be of interest= , otherwise.

I mentioned the theft to the paint attendant at Lowes. He said thieves tr= y to return items, hoping for cash refunds.

Thieves will steal anything, especially this time of year, I suppose.

Take extra care, this time of year, to secure your property, even items of = nominal value. It's frustrating having to deal with thieves, this way.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

and I was one who commented, with regard to my garage and shop T1-11 siding. That thread spurred me to dress up the interior of my garage, reprime and repaint.

stools to deliver to the decorator, not far away, and left the garage open, while gone. 15 minutes was enough time for some thief to steal 3 cans of primer and 2 cans of paint.... about all he could reasonably carry off, I suppose. Seldom is there anything of value stored in my garage to be of interest, otherwise.

try to return items, hoping for cash refunds.

items of nominal value. It's frustrating having to deal with thieves, this way.

Unfortunately, as with many other things in society, the idiots are making it tougher on the rest of us to go about our every day business.

Both Lowes and HD have had to revise their return policies for that very reason. If you return more than a certain amount in less than a certain time, you are now "flagged" and some time later, are forbidden from making any more returns.

Many stores have gone to issuing only store credit to cut down on stolen items being returned. It had become the meth-heads' new ATM around here. Shoplift a few small expensive items through one door, return for cash through the other.

BTW, if you ever lose jewelry to thieves, forget about checking the local pawn shops who still have to keep records for pawns/sales (at least in this state). Burglars' newest and easiest laundry service are the "cash for gold" stores who don't even have to check a person's ID to buy "their" gold jewelery. Best part is the evidence gets melted down within days.

Reply to
-MIKE-