A Sad Day Ahead

Amen, Jeff. It's their loss.

Web Site:

David Starr

I've had several dogs in my life. When I was a kid, I cried when they died. Now that I'm a grown man, I realize that the loss of a pet is nowhere near the tragedy of the loss of human life. Pets are cool, but in the end, they are just pets. Just like tools are just tools -- eventually they must be thrown away as well.

I know most people will think I'm a cold harded SOB, but the OP made a big deal over losing a pet (asking for prayers, treating it as a grand tragedy). I'm sure you guys don't want me posting here everytime one of my fish die.

Reply to
bf

I think most people here would prefer you not post here at all...go throw away some tools instead.

I'm waiting for the vet to come over to put down one of our dogs tonight. Not asking for prayers and it's not a "grand tragedy" just a sad occasion like the one that the original poster tried to share. It's a pity that some grown-ups can't appreciate anothers grief. Or maybe you're just not as grown up as you'd like to think.

John

Reply to
John Emmons

"bf" wrote

Well, that would depend on what kind of relationship you had with your fish.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

The term isn't "cold harded", it's "COLD HEARTED". Not only are you a cold hearted "SOB", but you are an uneducated one, as well. Throwing away a pet like a tool? I've sat in the vet's office while my 15 year old dog was euthanized. That moment is seared into my memory, as well as the rest of our family. You are INDEED, a cold hearted individual. I find nothing wrong with the OP posting about his grief. He felt he had a safe place to share his feelings, and then along comes a twit like you to try to minimize his feelings. Since you lack any empathy, it will be interesting to see how others in your life react during your time of need. Rest assured, you WILL face disappoints and sadness. Maybe it won't be over a pet, but SOMETHING will affect you. Do you want others to do to you what you've done to the OP? Shame!

Dave

Reply to
David

If you were grown up none of you would post this maudlin slop here. We all have our bag of hammers. It's called life. This is a forum for wood working, not self-pity. I lost my dog to cancer. I also go in for another cancer check tomorrow, having been dealing with it for a few years now. I won't be posting the results here either way. Live with it.

Reply to
Guess who