A new standard in building?

Just when you think you have seen it all, along comes somebody doing this construction...

athiker

Maybe the time lapse is so that the family of 20 whom paid him to build their new home can see the progress? Scarier things have happened...

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

For anyone afraid to clik the links from an unknown poster...

I did without problems, everyone should see this.

I came from an area in the south that had nothing and people made do with whatever they could lay hands on, this is a little scary even to me.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

"basilisk" wrote

I have built some sheds and farm buildings in my time. The primary rule I followed was to size everything to take advantage of the sheet goods. The idea that this ham fisted caveman could lay up those sheet goods and have big GAPS is definitely scary. I can not imagine this building lasting very long.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

If this thing -hate to call it a building or structure- is in AL it might not make it till Friday. Current predictions are for heavy storms starting Thursday morning.

Reply to
athiker

snipped-for-privacy@wind.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

What-is-this-I-

Untreated lumber in direct contact with the ground... yeah, there's a good idea.

Reply to
Doug Miller

No kidding, besides the fact that if any part of it touched the ground the rot and termites would take it apart by end of summer.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

Cover the outside with vinyl siding and the inside with paneling and carpet and sell it at night.

Reply to
G. Ross

See also the two time-lapse videos at

Amazing - and I'm only half way through the thread. -----------------

Just when you think you have seen it all, along comes somebody doing this construction...

Joe

I can't say I didn't learn something! Bravo to the "do-ers" who made this country great! The industry and perspiration leak--I mean show, through!

Bill

Reply to
Bill