Subject Author Posted Replies

FA: Stanley #1 smoothing plane
http://easyurl.net/Stanley1
10

Building oval casement windows
I need two for an upcoming new home. The custom window company wants $11,000 for two smallish windows. Tempting to tool up and tackle this one myself. Just the kind of mess I'd get myself in the...
5
5

Alt.binaries.woodwork??
It has been a long time since I had a squiz at the Wrec... I see that there is still a vibrant world being lived there. does any one know if the groups still work? - my server doesn't support them -...
3
3

REVIEW - Beall Tilt Box (Digital Inclinometer) - www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Hi all, Just finished a review of the Beall Tilt Box. Terribly handy device for saw blade setup and machine setup. it helps! The Triton MK3 and Workcentre saws have been an Australian success story...
5
5

INSPIRATION - Another Router Duplicator
JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations? - Peter Egan I enjoy building the machines, as much as making the wood.. I built this router duplicator about 3 years...

INSPIRATION - Router Duplicator
JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations? - Peter Egan http://www.routerforums.com/show-n-tell/1742-router-duplicator-machine.html

Some of those "Super Glue' Krazy Glue" questions answered
G'day all, I found this very interesting reading. Over the years there have been a number of threads relating to Super Glue, this my provide some answers and bust some myths.

CLIMBING BEAR - PDF
What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations? - Peter Egan http://laserkerf.com/climbing_bear.pdf
2
2

SKY HOOK - PDF
All I can say is, if you never had a sky hook as a kid, you had a very deprived childhood. JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations? - Peter Egan
8
8

STORM SHUTTERS
What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations? - Peter Egan Learn how to build and install board and batten shutters; includes step-by-step instructions along with tips,...

Door questions
I'm working on replacing the door to the utility room with a louvered door. I've got the hinges morticed, but I have other questions. The original door measures 29 3/4 inches, while the replacement...
9
9

What does epoxy NOT stick to?
I need to repair a particle board desk where an "insert nut" pulled out of a recessed hole. An "insert nut" is one of those toothed monsters that screws into the wood, then you screw a bolt into it. I...
15
15

how to cut melamine
Can I use my table saw to cut melamine? I'm talking about tileboard like you'd get at the home center, which I want to use for a whiteboard. I'd guess it's 1/4". I have a Forrest Woodworker II blade...
16
16

OF - Bambike
That's someone's silly way of saying bamboo bike. This is off-topic by the way, because bamboo is a grass, not wood. I didn't check this to see if it actually tells how to make a bamboo bike or not....
5
5

Striking Knife
I'm looking for a specific style of striking/marking knife. I found *exactly* what I want at Lee Valley[1], but for some reason "this product is not available for shipment to the U.S." I've looked...
14
14