Subject Author Posted Replies

Need Gel Stain Help
I just finished building a number of pine modules. These are quick and dirty organizers. I have built many of them over the years for myself and others. They are cheap, sturdy and fast to build. I...
2
2

Drawer skewers
I'm fixing the drawers on an old oak desk. The drawer rails and runners are pretty much all brittle and broken, so I cut new ones, glued them in, and they work pretty well. The old drawers have these...
14
14

Drawer Slides
I installed full extension drawer slides. The problem I am having is that when closed one corner of the drawer sticks out a little further than the other. I checked the squarenss of my drawer and it...
4
4

Cabinet and Pantry Pullouts
I was browsing the other day and found these and I swear that no matter how handy I may be, these look like good drawers and they are finally priced decently. I went to the Lowes the other day and...
2
2

Hinge question
Soliciting your ideas. I frequently build small boxes out of materials 1/4" or less. The top is glued on the box then cut apart, so I can't pin through the side. This prevents me from using most of...
6
6

OK, which of you IS this?
The whole of life is a learning process. - John Keel http://gpsinformation.net/exe/HillbillyOveralls.jpg
2
2

OT INSPIRATION - Lawnmower
The whole of life is a learning process. - John Keel http://gpsinformation.net/exe/ShowLetter.jpg
2
2

How to quickly clean rusty tables (w/pics)
Hello everyone, I have moved most of my machines from their previous location to my new house. As some of these tools have sat for a while I decided to clean them all as I set them up for use at the...
26
26

Zero clearance bandsaw insert
Hey all; Picked up a zero-clearance nylon bandsaw insert the other day at the wood show. (Actually, they were giving them away with the purchase of phenolic guide blocks, something I wanted to pick up...
2
2

Jool Tool - a tale and my review
I've had the Jool Tool for over a year. Did three pages on it but apparently never put them up on my WWing site. So now I have - and here's the url recently picked up a WorkSharp sharpening system -...
6
6

Toxic & Recalled Toys list
Toxic & Recalled Toys list and links to The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission recall list. http://www.hotideasforchristmas.com/Toxic_Toys_and_Toy_Hazards.html

Uncertain about lacquer finish technique, choice of product
After having read through archives for several days, I think I am nearly settled on a plan for the finish of a bed made of walnut. I want to use lacquer and I will use a water based product and unless...
8
8

Buyer for wormy oak log? Sorta OT
My dad has accidentally ran into some wormy oak. The tree had to come down before it hit a fence. While sawing up the top he discoverd it to be all wormy white oak. An internet search turned up some...
3
3

OT: Backlighting stained glass window
Hello! I have the following situation; my church has a large, round stained glass window (96in diameter) would we would like to illuminate at night, so it can be seen from the outside. We are looking...
23
23

Semi-OT: shop heater
I've got a small well insulated shop that I've heated for many winters using a portable 1500 watt electric heater. Each heater lasted 2 or 3 years and cost somewhere in the $15-$30 range. This year my...
2
2