Subject Author Posted Replies

bandsaw wheel alignment
Hey all; My (inherited) bandsaw has got me somewhat concerned. When the blade is top dead centre on the upper wheel, it's right on the edge of the lower one. Moving it to the back of the upper wheel...
5
5

Dust Collector Hose for Delta Miter Saw?
I received my JDS Dust Force dust collector yesterday, got it assembled, and fired it up for the first time. I haven't even hooked it to a tool yet, but I'm already envisioning where to run duct work!...
22
22

A History of Furniture
Project Gutenberg has this book ( The HTML form has all the pictures. It is an intersting history of furniture from before the Egyption times. This could be a source for new ideas.
4
4

General Woodworking Tools - Lowered height of woodworking tools
Well, I'm happy to see that General Tools will soon be producing a line of lowered woodworking machinery suitable for individuals in wheelchairs, people who like to sit, or who happen to be of lowered...
8
8

Large Frame for Painting
I need to build a 4' X 6' frame for a painting. I have no idea where to start. I have stretched the painting onto a 1by frame. Issues: How do I fasten the outer frame to the painting? I don't want to...
7
7

Glue Finish
I've experimented before with 50/50 thinned Titebond II as a finish. Dried pretty quickly, clear, and seemb to be holding up well on the few pieces I've used it on. I'd made a jig a week or so ago to...
16
16

I Made Art
Well, going by some of the so-called "art" in some of my wood books, it's art anyway. It sure looks better than most of the stuff that's supposed to be "art". Actually, it's a further adaptation of...
7
7

Forget to wear my safety goggles
Just call me Popeye!
2
2

Hopping Kangaroo
Over on abpw I posted a link to a video of a hopping roo. I then offered to share a rough plan and a few tips on making one. It seems to have been quite popular so with the coming Christmas season I...
7
7

Design Challenge
I have been designing furniture and other wood projects for many years. Usually I draw out the plans and then proceed to make the cuts and adjustments as needed. I am at the point where I feel my...
14
14

REVIEW - Makita 18v Lithium Ion Cordless Drill Kit - www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Hi All, Have just posted a review of the Makita BDF452HW 18v Lithium Ion Cordless Drill/Driver Kit on my site. You can view the full review here: it helps! A quality belt sanding attachment for your...
7
7

Baby vs. Mini drum Sander
Anybody have any recommendations on choosing between the Grizzly G0459 12" Baby Drum Sander and the Jet (Performax) 628900 Mini 10" Benchtop Drum Sander? I know that many will recommend a bigger...
5
5

INSPIRATION - Pedalwheel Boat
Too much work for me. JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?. - Granny Weatherwax http://lancet.mit.edu/decavitator/images/paddlewheel.gif
3
3

alternative to amber polyurethane finish
First I will admit that I am perplexed. To date, I have developed a very good finishing technique applying polyurethane. First I brush on two 10% thinned coats, sanding to 220 grit after the first...
8
8

INSPIRATION - Boats
I've never seen any of these. They must have all ben surpressed by politicians. Probably. Whoever makes one first, be sure to post pictures. JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you...
15
15