Subject Author Posted Replies

Advice needed on painting outdoor teak furniture.
5 years ago I painted a teak loveseat rocker and table on my front outdoor porch. Everyone advised me not to. It was a big job - cleaning, sanding, laquer primer and 2 coats of paint. It still looks...
41
41

Shellac in the Bathroom?
I have a cherry bathroom cabinet I am making to go abouve the toilet to hold TP rolls and some cleaning supplies (no liquids though). Normally I finish Cherry with Watco followed by Shellac. However,...
5
5

New uses for your saber saw
"[LEXINGTON PARK, Md.] A Southern Maryland woman was seriously injured in a mishap involving a sex toy over the weekend... The man who made the 911 call said he had placed a sex toy over a saber saw...
18
18

Need Help
I need one of these but don't know what is called.
12
12

Vise pressure
I am trying to determine the reasonable maximum pressure applied by my Record 53 vises. I don't have easy access to a load cell or a bathroom scale, so I will have to resort to rough calculations...
4
4

Makita Miter Saw Fence issues
A recent project rquired some very accurate 45-degree cuts, and my Makita sliding compound miter saw did the job, well, _reasonably_ enough, but it was next to impossible to get the cuts absolutely...
5
5

Another Sketchup Question
Using the free version, is it possible to determine the line weight of each single line of a drawing, either retrospectively, or before it is drawn? I can do this when manually tracing a pencil drawn...
2
2

Woodworkers Showcase, Saratoga Springs, NY 3/28-3/29
Once again Chris Schwarz of Popular Woodworking and Woodworking has given us a wonderful endorsement! http://blog.woodworking-magazine.com/blog/ http://blog.woodworking-magazine.com/blog/

Digital House.
Learn more at: http://moma.org/homedelivery Home Delivery: Fabricating the Modern Dwelling is both a survey of the past, present and future of the prefabricated home and a building project on the...
1
1

OT: (Sort of) Using SketchUp to show what a trillion dollars looks like.
This as cool as it is amazing. Award winning HTML and Javascript tutorials. You'll find easy to learn material on HTML, tables, forms, frames, javascript, style sheets and a whole lot more.
7
7

Extending Dining Room Table Help Needed
I'm preparing to embark on my first dining room table project. What I want is a table top about 42 x 60 that can extend with 2 12" leaves out to 84". I want it to be a double pedestal trestle type...
3
3

Make-up counter stool
I am back on the a.b.p.w. group and posted 3 pics of a quilted maple veneer and walnut stool that I designed with Sketchup and built for a customers wife. He thought she needed something prettier to...
7
7

did I destroy my impact driver?
I made the mistake of using my Makita 18-volt impact driver as and impact wrench, trying to loosen a frozen nut, and I'm pretty sure I damaged the it (the driver, not the nut, which I eventually...
2
2

Electrical Breaker and dust collector question
I have a Delta 1.5 Hp dust collector I bought used, so I'm not sure how old it is. I currently have it plugged into the 20 amp circuit in my shop. I also have a Rigid TS3650 Table Saw, plugged into...
34
34

Laboratory Bench tops
Odd question here: I recently acquired several pieces of chem lab benchtop material from a Freecycle board, with the idea of using them for -- something. The question is, what are these slabs made out...
11
11