Make-up counter stool

I am back on the a.b.p.w. group and posted 3 pics of a quilted maple veneer and walnut stool that I designed with Sketchup and built for a customers wife. He thought she needed something prettier to sit on while making herself beautiful.

Anyway I cut the quilted maple veneer from table leg stock on my Laguna band saw using the Laguna Resaw King blade. The cut was smooth enough that I went straight to the glue up with no prep sanding. The aprons are attached to the legs with 2 Dominos, 8 mm x 50 mm Domino tennons on each end, 16 in all.

Four coats of Lawrence McFadden Gel Varnish for the finish.

Have a look, Thanks

Leon

Reply to
Leon

You bastard.

Nice work.

-Kevin

Reply to
LEGEND65

"Leon" wrote in news:%Hdtl.12051$ snipped-for-privacy@flpi150.ffdc.sbc.com:

Is that a triple drive by? - 1. beautiful work 2. Laguna BS 3. Domino

Reply to
A Lurker

Yuh think?

Thank you

Reply to
Leon

I guess it is.... the Domino is about 2 years old, the Laguna about 3 years old and I still love'em. Thank you.

Reply to
Leon

Congrats Leon. I love the quilted maple, the walnut trim and the overall look of the stool. The gift will be much appreciated. Wimmin go for this sort of thing.

Also, a big good on ya for gettin' back onto apbw!!

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Thank you Lee, and it's costing me, I think, $3 per month to get back on.

Reply to
Leon

OK,,,,,, It's "Tiger" Maple not quilted. Doh!

Reply to
Leon