3 more woodworking books for sale

Found I had 3 more woodworking books I can let go:

Home Owner's Guide to Carpentry & Cabinets by K. E. Apmpriester, 1989, 246p, large hardcover with dust jacket, fine, $8.00

200 Original Shop Aids & Jigs for Woodworkers by Rosario Capotosto, 1987, 358p, large softcover, fine, $6.00

Woodworking Projects for the Home Workshop by Rosario Capotosto, 1988, 401p, large softcover, fine, $6.00

Media Mail postage is $3.00 for first book + $1.00 for each additional (heavy books).

Bob Murphy Marietta, GA

Reply to
Murf

Tue, Jul 6, 2004, 4:11pm snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net (Murf) Found I had 3 more woodworking books I can let go:

Just some comments.

I don't know anything about the first book, so nothing on it.

The other two, somewhere along the line I seem to recall thumbing thru both. Don't recall if the library, boodstore, used bookstore, or where. I would say they're well worth the price. If I had a need, or desire, I'd have already e-mail about them. But, I don't, so I didn't..

Hell, for all I know I might own both already. I've got a personal library most of you probably wouldn't believe, and about 99% of it was got used. I'm slowly going thru the back room, and finding stuff I don't even remember ever looking at, let alone buying. LMAO Hmmm, I might go this route on some of the stuff too, rather than going with eBay. I've got a lot of books i'll never use (but a lot of those are "dream" books, about stuff you know damn well you won't be making, even if you live to be 200, and have mega-bucks - those books you sit and look thru and just "dream" - so a lot of those I'll be keeping, regardless). At least that way they'd go to someone I almost know, and have a btter chance of getting used.

JOAT What we see depends mainly on what we look for.

- Sir John Lubbock

Reply to
J T

That sounds like the Lee Valley Tool book to me. I like to dream about a wish list of tools I'd buy if I was filthy rich. I wonder though, if I was filthy rich, would I actually build stuff for myself or just hire someone to do it for me? Maybe the compromise is to be fairly well off, but just enough so that I couldn't afford to throw cash away on a whim.

Reply to
Upscale

I suspect that depends on whether you still do woodworking 'cause it's cheaper than buying the equivalent quality (a questionable assertion at times, mind you), or whether you've transitioned to doing it because it's a fun hobby. I s'pose there's a few people that started in the latter box from the beginning, but I wonder how common they are, aside from those for whom it's in the family.

--randy

Reply to
Randy Chapman

I think 50% or more of my woodworking and model ship building library is this way, but it sure is fun to dream.

Grandpa

Reply to
Grandpa

"Randy Chapman" wrote in news:KL%Gc.41979$XM6.40005@attbi_s53:

After you pay for the tools, supplies and Band-aids....

Anybody want to buy a $4500 clock? ;-)

Patriarch

Reply to
patriarch

I'm a "hands-on" person so I'd like to try it both ways before I decided. I know what the NON filthy rich part is like... ;-)

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Thu, Jul 8, 2004, 2:36pm (EDT-2) jsdebooATcomcast.net (Grandpa) says: I think 50% or more of my woodworking and model ship building library is this way, but it sure is fun to dream.

I figure you've gotta have dreams, and they seem to be in about 3 stages:

FIRST, is things you know for a fact you can do, but just haven't gotten to yet.

SECOND, is things you're pretty sure you can do, but you may not have a chance to try - lack of money, time, space, whatever. Or you try, and screw it up; but, In that case you just say, "Damn, thought I could do it. Ah well.", and move on.

And, THIRD, is things you know you'll never be able to do, period, but you still dream about them.

A goodly portion of mine are SECOND category now, mostly because of a lack of space and money, and a non-lack of bad joints. But, still have a few of THIRD category dreams left.