Subject Author Posted Replies

Custom Baseball Card Display Case
I'm in the process of designing a display case for my baseball cards from the early 1900s (T206s). I want the case to be antique looking and provide maximum protection for my collection. I'm a little...
3
3

Jointer cutterhead pulley rattle
Hi, I have a problem with a 8" Grizzly jointer that I got secondhand. The cutterhead pulley is held on the shaft with two set screws and a key. After running the jointer over very light loads for an...
7
7

Planer knives are sharp!
Note to self: If jointer clogs with chips don't reach all the way up the dust chute without gloves. I was clearing some chips and reached up and ran my index finger straight into one of the knives....
9
9

Walnut Finish
Seeking recommendations on the best finish for walnut to provide the smoothest surface. I am going to be working with small pieces - 1" X 10" X 16" or similar. I want to maintain the color as much as...
2
2

Bird mobiles
I am looking for plans for a bird mobile to make a present for new granddaughter. The sort I am looking for is of a single bird body in profile with wings the attached and the whole lot balanced so...
4
4

Larkin oak secretary desk/bookcase (circa 1890)
eBay: http://easyurl.net/Larkin_oak
5
5

Re: OT - What Do Home Depot and Chrysler Have In Common?
So now we can expect a maximum of one service tech per 50,000sq.ft. of service bay (and he'll be "at lunch"), and that all metal parts will be made in China. (one should inspect the back-side of each...
19
19

Bounceback w/HVLP??
I finally tried using my new Fuji HVLP sprayer this past weekend. I'm painting the inside of a shelving unit made of plywood. Its rather deep, 22 inches. I started out with a Benjamin-Moore oil based...
24
24

Barn Sale find
So yesterday, on the way to my parent's to visit, I see a "barn sale" sign. This house is about a 1/2 mile up the road from me, on my street. The house sits way back and you can't see it from the...
7
7

*** Mini-FAQ for rec.woodworking # 159 - For want of somebody else posting this
* Welcome to rec.woodworking, known locally as the wreck * This is an informal group with users of all levels of knowledge, from those who have yet to pick up a tool, professional woodworkers, authors...

Semi-OT : taping drywall
In my ongoing effort to get my new shop functional, I've been hanging drywall and am looking forward (or rather, not looking forward) to taping the joints. I've done a very minimal amount of taping in...
27
27

Dust collection - once more with feeling
It's easy to understand why dust collection is less of a problem these days. Researching the topic on the Internet takes so much time you're not in the shop inhaling all those fine particles! After...
9
9

Ridgid Air Compressor Opinions?
Hi, I have been looking for an air compressor for the garage & shop use mostly to use with nail guns, (finish and brad) and general garage and shop use. The local Grossman's Outlet has a stack of...
5
5

Will there be a recall for Chinese tools
Digger, Welcome to the soapbox. I have been on it for years but to no avail. Some years ago American industry turned itself over to accountants. Accountants see only one thing, the bottom line. Hence...
17
17

Delta 31-450 Belt/Disk Sander
Model 31-450C which I think is the same as the Delta 460 Type 2 purchased in 2004. Suffered a sticking, that is slow to start rolling, over heating idler roller in early 2005 and repaired under...