Subject Author Posted Replies

IKEA wheelchair provision
I want to take my wife to IKEA in Wembley to examine some furniture "in the flesh" so to speak. I tried to find out if they provide wheelchairs for disabled customers. I found their website and help...
9
9

OT: Mailmerge oddity Excel -> Word, Win-11
I watched this chap today have a mailmerge problem. He had a spreadsheet with say 30 rows, one column of which was supposed to contain dates in UK format, such as 21/2/23 for today. When he used the...
24
24

10% off at Iceland
see you need to download an app now to get it...how do I do that on my nokia 1100 ?
29
29

mental case ? ....
- With liquid crystal display, read data more clearly - Built-in large capacity lithium battery, do not worry about the impact of sudden power failure - Supports Type-C interfaces - Whip antenna,...
20
20

Fixing bump in car bodywork
Hi all, I have a dent (100mm) in the bonnet of my mini. The paint is not split or anything so was wondering how easy it would be to push it back out. There is a strengthening bar the other side of the...
15
15

NiMH batteries (idle thoughts)
Everyone goes on about lithium batteries as the goal for cars, etc, and whilst they have a higher energy density, that 'ultimate' performance isn't always needed. Milk floats got by on lead acid...
49
49

Smart Power Strips
Several years ago I bought a couple of Smart power strips. They have one socket into which, for example, a computer could be plugged. When it was powered down, slave items such as a monitor and sound...
10
10

OT Next door neighbours car did not start this morning
Now what could I have done to cause this problem? Think like my brain sometimes does - and Homer Simpson is my hero.
26
26

Domestic microwave maintenance
Other than cleaning the cooking cavity and the exterior, are there any maintenance requirements for a domestic microwave? I have noticed that the inside gets very wet recently, it didn't used to. Any...
19
19

New flood lights expose cable
Hi All, Finally got around to replacing my security flood lights with LED ones. The old ones have a solid base which attaches to the wall and the T&E runs inside it all covered. Looking at the LED...
18
18

Silicone odd use
I want to lay down 2" deep silicone (yes, 2") & have outdated silicone. Is there something that'll help it set faster? No, it's not to seal a bath :)
9
9

OT: energy again
So the bastards at BES called me and sort of pretended to apologise for ripping me off at over £1.20 per unit but I was in a contract* until August so they were at liberty to continue to do so. They...
5
5

Looking for a way to secure struts in soft ground
I have a length of (sort of) post and rail fence which I constructed many years ago along one side of our land where an electric fence doesn't work too well (under trees, lots of undergrowth, etc.)....
18
18

Washing Machine filter puzzle
My Belling Sensicare FW714 washing machine, about five years old has never shown any sign of filtered dross. This may be because of what screws out from the filter port, which is this: previous...
16
16

Thermostat replacement
Hi iam replacing a siemens rcr10 with a hivev3 the siemens has 5 wires N L L1 LX L2 does anyone know what goes to what on the hive as its numbered
4
4