Subject Author Posted Replies

chute fire escapes
anybody seen one anywhere in the world ?.....just been listening to Jean Sheperd on insomnia rado....he was describing his first day at school and how his school building had a chute fire escape...he...
17
17

DRAX Elelectricinsights Imports and Exports
While it is possible to get a breakdown by clicking on the little red down arrow, it doesn't show which way the electrons are flowing, or is this implicitly an import ?. Andrew
6
6

Panasonic cordless phones - replacing non-working one?
I have a PANASONIC CORDLESS KX-TGA 715E cordless phone which seems to have given up the task of working. I don't know if the problem is in the handset or the base charger. I like it and would like to...
6
6

Insane prices on Amazon for "bottom mount drawer runners"
I am looking for some drawer runners to replace some existing ones which aren't full extension. So I searched for "bottom mount drawer runners" on and I get loads of them at really stupid prices, like...
11
11

Viewing the aurora
The Aurora Borealis has been spectacular recently, but not this far south AFAICS. But according to Carol Kirkwood on the BBC this morning, the way to see the Aurora is with a camera, which I wasn't...
22
22

Painting UPVC doors and windows white ?
I have some grey UPVC windows I want to paint white, and a possibility of buying a brown door which i would paint white. What paint technique should I use, how successful would it be? The door would...
5
5

Offspring of the Microsoft Paperclip.
Oh.... here we go. Join Team FranLab!!!! Become a patron and help support my YouTube Channel on Patreon: http://www.patreon.com/frantone #franlab #chat #rant - Music by Fran Blanche - Fran on Twitter...
5
5

Lower voltage diode the other side of a step up transformer?
Can I put a diode BEFORE a step up transformer so I can use a lower voltage diode for half wave rectification?
78
78

Government electricity subsidy
For a low consumption user of electricity , ie substantially in credit at the moment, lose it come April or some such date.? Then does the utility company say , that'll do nicely , as it poskets this...
10
10

Quick question - power washer on polycarbonate roofing?
The polycarbonate over the veranda and car port is getting grubbier and grubbier. In the past I've used a brush on the end of a hose, but there are some growths which are hard to shift. Has anyone...
4
4

Co. Name on van "Luga Baruga"
I asked the driver what they did, what did the name mean. He said it was how some people pronounce 'Loughborough' Shades of Bicester
76
76

new phone system
Virgin media have upgraded to a new fibre network. Find out about our landline upgrade, if you're eligible and how to get one installed within your home here. Virgin media have upgraded to a new fibre...
43
43

Bolting two cabinets together
I am going to have to bolt two IKEA cabinets together: have been trying to find two bolts that screw into each other. I hae seen such things but I seem unable to describe them well enough for google...
19
19

How many ways can you pronounce 'ough'
dough cough rough plough ought
36
36

Mounting a LED mirror
I have a mirror with the following mounting holes: per usual 2 crap screws and screws were supplied that were not fit for purpose on so many counts! Any pointers for the correct bracket or suggested...
13
13