Subject Author Posted Replies

Ants !
In the last day I have seen ants in 5 different places in the house !
14
14

IEC Mobile.
I have recently acquired a mobile phone (yes I know I'm a philistine) It lives in the car . Now I seem to remember putting a number as your IEC (In Emergency Contact). How do I get this IEC number the...
9
9

Re: bet it doesn't arrive
arrived in one day...wow
21
21

B12
I can't find the thread now but article from the Daily Mail on B12 injections: DR MARTIN SCURR: During the pandemic many patients had their B12 injections stopped and were put on pills instead - a bad...

Assimilation by stealth
Nobody is seeing the gradual takeover of NHS medical practice partnerships by large american organisations. Approved apparently by the last labour government.
7
7

TFL and Oyster cards
Anyone else having trouble with the website? I though I would check my Oyster card and see if I needed to put more money on it in preparation for a possible trip to Wembley. Finally got logged in but...
4
4

Music Fidelity to make copies of BBC LS3/5A speakers
2,349 UK pounds for a pair of LS3/5A 4,099 for a pair of LS5/9's Musical Fidelity’s new LS3/5A and LS5/9 speakers are modelled on the original BBC speaker design specifications, reviving the old...
109
109

Part P electrical certificate
Some four years ago the entire wiring installation of my sixties bungalow was redone, as part of a big renovation. For whatever reason, the electrician didn't issue the usual Part P Buiding Regs...
17
17

Laptop VPN
How to Install OpenVPN with MFA in OPNsense? How to Install OpenVPN with MFA in OPNsense?
1
1

More EDF nonsense
I just got an email from EDF telling me there was an important message for me waiting at MyAccount. So I logged on and read the message. It was a pdf letter addressed to me by name, with my account...
8
8

Free standing microwave and clearance all round.
I have bought a £55 Currys microwave for our MH as a stop gap while we sort out a long term solution for something built in. The instructions say that you need 20cm either side for ventilation. This...
32
32

Black slate floor tiles
A couple of black slate floor tiles that have been on the kitchen floor for 20+ years have de-laminated in one corner and 1/4 thick piece has broken off. Can anyone suggest a suitable glue for...
2
2

Drilling larger holes in aluminium with hole saws - advice please!
I want to make some DIY speakers cabinets out of aluminium, as used by hi-end makers like Piega and Magico though on a smaller scale. Aluminium is rarely used for DIY - it's all wood - and I can see...
16
16

new houses with chimney stacks now sporting a black external metal flue....
A new housing estate has gone up near me. All are 4 bedroom detached houses with chimnney stacks & chimney pots at both ends of the roof. 4 of these houses have since had wood or multifuel burners put...
9
9

anybody had to do this ?
Wonder how to start your Ford Focus with a dead key fob? Have a “no key detected” message displayed? In this video we will show you how to start your Ford Focus with a dead key fob until you get...
4
4