Subject Author Posted Replies

Paint pads
Hi What are the views here regarding paint pads vs rollers? I've always used rollers, but my wife just saw an ad for Paint Pad Pro and as usual was sold by the advertising. A quick Google on that...
11
11

Best adhesive for repairing exapanded polystyrene
I have a ring of expanded polystyrene foam, which has snapped. The cross-section of the ring, i.e. the surface area of the break is small, about 2cm square. What's going to be the best adhesive to...
14
14

*Expletive* chipboard floors.
So.. lifted the carpet in the back bedroom the other day to reveal this: Arse. Now for the tricky bit... The 'floorboards' go under the wall. So how to replace that bit? I'd really rather not destroy...
21
21

anyone glued aquapanel to masonry?
Seems daft extra waste of spaceto using battens so what about adhesive? Tia Jim K

BBC local radio
Anyone who works for a local authority, health authority, or education authority, will tell you that 'the extreme form' of PC has great influence. It causes resentment and makes ordinary people...
83
83

IOS 7
The sniping at MS in the Windows 8 thread makes me want to weep. A few weeks back I foolishly updated my iPhone 4s to IOS 7. What a f*****g disaster. It wont download the music from the PC to the...
9
9

Novice wood carving question
How hard would it be to knock out something like this and what would be the best tools? I'm guessing that one would rough out a block of work with a fret saw, use a drill to remove excess wood on the...
13
13

Septic tank lid/access
Well, we've finally found where the 'ole in the top of the septic tank is. Doing a bit of garden tidying yesterday, I found a paving slab in the earth between a tree and the hedge. Lifting that, there...
4
4

Ping TNP: gridwatch wedged since 23.00 last night ?
See subject.
12
12

IR temp thermometer
Just got this delivered a cheap £9 one off ebay and having fun with it, already shown a few `weak spots` around the house but I have a question, probably obvious to those in the know but I dont...
31
31

Mat wells
We have trouble with door mats at handyman towers. Whatever we try, mats just move around & won't stay put. So, I'm investigating mat wells cut into the carpets at front & back doors. Seems simple...
17
17

wickes aquapanel tile backer board
Anything cheaper / better? TIA Jim K
8
8

Toolstation - well done
Since Toolstation opened up an outlet in my area, they are usually my first choice .... they are so much cheaper than Screwfix .. often 30% cheaper on hardware items. I'll admit their range is a lot...
11
11

The shape of things to come??
"A sports programme on Dutch public television ended up being broadcast by candlelight on Sunday after a power cut at the TV station." Odd they lost the lights, but not the transmission and recordng...
6
6

Top greenaholics go nuclear..
Oh dear. Mr Hansen. Green isn't about Logic. Didn't you know? Green is about selling defective product to defectives at inflated prices. Oh dear oh dear. To those influencing environmental policy but...
3
3