Subject Author Posted Replies

The restart project
Was on the one show last night - they have a website Thought it was interesting to see repairs in the mainstream media! http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/b03sg919/?t=2m41s The Restart Project hosts links to many...
4
4

new CH & DHW Programmer
Next door's old mechanical programmer has stopped working - bits broken off inside. The only other one similar on SF & TS gets 1-star rating for stopping after 18 months! There's a Siemens electronic...
4
4

OT what have I done?
In a momentary fit of insanity I allowed an offering of Explorer 8.0 (I think) to download. The only visible consequence is an overnight firing up of Explorer such that I am greeted each morning with...
51
51

OT; new websites
Hi I've owned the domain names; for a while, mainly to stop others using them. I've now had them made into independent web sites so Google will hopefully find them. Any comments appreciated. They used...
6
6

Bahco Socket set
Two people at work have just bought socket sets: The company set (identical) really did cost something like £400 so it looks to be a good price. So the buyers know what they are like. As usual no...
13
13

Re-using cable
I'm wiring up some sockets in a shop, I have a pile of cable from the previous sockets that i've removed. What's the consensus on reusing the cable?
22
22

Where to get hook plates etc for lighting?
I have checked out the usual suspects such as Screwfix, Toolstation. Not one has a sufficient range of fittings such as TLC doesn't stock conduit hooks and Newey and Eyre sell things in lots of 100s...
2
2

Using a roof ladder as a conventional ladder
I've got one of these Lyte TRL 240 roof ladders: I bought it for a DIY job that I never got round to. A relative is looking for a standard extension ladder. Would it be safe to remove the...
3
3

OT; I feel slightly guilty.....
I often work for people of a certain ethnic origin, who always, always, always haggle about the final bill. It's a deep rooted cultural thing. Even though you have quoted a price for a job in advance,...
61
61

Lamp parts - gooseneck
I'm after some parts to make a couple of clip on gooseneck LED desk lamps. There's *nothing* in the shops (inc online) that I like. Prettiness is irrelevant - I want sturdy. Does anyone happen to know...
10
10

Underwater path construction
I really need to build a path to my workshop... finding a bit of lawn to walk over that is not rapidly turning into a replica of something similar to the Somme is getting difficult. Only problem is,...
20
20

Ping Mr Gabriel
SWMBO'd wants a good, bright, daylight quality, light source for doing needlework. This is to fit into a magnifier angle poise type lamp with E27 base with not much more space than a normal GLS takes....
9
9

Proposal to rename the group...
31
31

OT Interesting aerial pix
Download and use 67 Picture Wallpapers for Free. 40,000+ High Quality Wallpapers & Backgrounds. ✓ 100% Free to Use ✓ High Quality Images ✓ Customize and personalise your device with...
3
3

Tonights DIY
What's wrong in these pictures? There had been a funny smell for the last few days, very similar to a dead animal (damn cat...) so not that much attention paid. Tonight noticed that the off-peak load...
5
5