Subject Author Posted Replies

Decorating problem solved and confession.
Wife was out shopping yesterday and came home with a tub of Polyfilla "finishing skim" so I guess the problem of how to deal with the "blown" plaster is solved. Hope it works as easily as it says....
14
14

Google Nexus 5 phone and SMS
Sorry about the cross-posting to DIY but the wealth of knowledge in there is superb! I've just got the Google Nexus 5 phone (was delivered on Friday morning) and so far I'm well pleased with it, it...
9
9

OT: challenge for the greens etc
Here's a challenging question for the greens, harry, jave jive etc etc.
1
1

Call me wanker - again
Both headlight lamps blew today on my van. No big deal - off to the petrol station for two new ones. Now which wanker managed to swap the working main beam lamps with the new lamps and leave the duff...
76
76

OT Floods and EU directive BS
Lot of BS on the telly it seems. So it was just Bliar/Broon/Balls. Can't even blame the EU for this one. Flood risk management - Water - Environment - European Commission
1
1

Makita combi & 2 x li ion batts...
Makita 18v Li-ion Combi Drill with 2 x 1.3AH batteries only £82.50 Ex-VAT (code: 824901) Tradepoint (b&q trade desk) Jim K
7
7

Boiler repair - new insulation on a Worcester Bosch 280?
Boiler servicing time on the old reliable 280RSF. The insulation board ins ide the combustion chamber lid is starting to fail though - going scrotty a round the top edge. I presume this lid is unheard...
9
9

Belt tensioner pulley needed
I'm giving the ride on mower its winter service and have discovered a belt tensioner with a seized bearing. Google is not being very helpful in finding a replacement. Can anyone suggest a source of...
8
8

Decorating
I am currently (under protest, I HATE decorating) decorating the hall. Now I don't know if it is because my son steamed it too long, or if the vibrations(of years) have loosened it or if the previous...
12
12

[ot] dvd disc types +r -r
Hello, Sorry it's off topic, I have also posted to the homebuilt computer group but didn't know where else to ask and thought there were some clever people here who might be able to help. I have a...
7
7

VW/Skoda 1.4TDI Engine
Anyone have experience with a car fitted with the above engine? Reason I ask is, I am very close to purchasing my first car* and it appears that the Skoda Fabia 1.4TDI is the cheapest car to insure;...
20
20

OT-ish: Mining bitcoins and other virtual currencies?
I know vaguely about bitcoins, but I've heard about just come across the concept of mining them and gather this can be used to 'create' money on my PC. I'm nothing if not fascinated! Anyone here doing...
4
4

An actual angle grinder question...
I'm using some Bosch 1mm thick cutting discs to chop up some 1" square steel tube - approx 1mm thick walls. Angle grinder mounted in a stand which sort of makes it a chop saw. The discs appear to go...
24
24

ADSL over coax (AKA I don't know anything about ADSL)
As I understand it, ADSL signals are passed along the twisted pair (is that right?) telephone cables which are the same used for voice calls. At a much higher frequency, of course. I am also under the...
40
40

42mm pipe lagging
Can someone point me at a supplier of thick lagging for external 42mm drainpipe? Something that will withstand a good drenching water, snow & ice on the outside? The run is horizontal'ish across a...
14
14