Subject Author Posted Replies

Changing a BT Home Hub
I have one of the earlier BT Home Hubs, the white one, (can't find any = id on it but it is software release 6.2.6.H, software variant BP, = product code 36143610, Board name Bant-Z ) Recently it's...
12
12

What is current best Silicone
Not had to use Silicone for a while ... and know products improve. Putting in a new shower, under a sloping ceiling - will be cladding using waterproof (Respatex panels). Last time I did this I used...
3
3

Speaker for intercom panel
I'm trying to mend the intercom in a friend's flat. There are three flats and my friend can hear what visitors say, but the visitors can't hear what she says. It's the same for each flat. It seems...
11
11

How wrong can you be
Today was remount the caravan roof light which has been leaking slightly for a couple of months. I removed the roof light(5 minutes) and then spent 21/2 hours removing the silicone which was sealing...
2
2

What type of connector is this? confused.com
I thought that it was a zif connector or type of, but after looking at other zif connectors, molex type, I am now not so sure. I know its not very clear to look at, but on the side away from how you...
6
6

How do tradesmen charge? You're all missing the real facts
So you add up the materials cost, materials mark up, overheads, labour, profit margin, and that's the quote. Yes? No, that's not really how it's done. That method would apply for true competitive...
4
4

What's wrong with my vacuum cleaner?
It is the normal type that needs a bag. For a while now I have had to thump it to get it to go and now it has stopped altogether. I have opened it up to test for a loose connection, when I use use the...
12
12

More OT madness.
Your little police poor diddums. Victoria Wheatley, who serves with the unit which protects the Sellafield nuclear site, complained that her gun and body armour were too big for her.
20
20

More decorating.
Tad traditionalist me so woodwork indoors (doors, skirtings, bannisters etc) gets painted white gloss, but the smell, runiness etc when applying mean Glossing is a complete chore, yellowing means it...
7
7

Aqualisa Showers
I've dealt with this company a few times & they never fail to impress. Excellent tech helpline & parts availability. Ordered a small part online Thurs PM, it was here this morning, post free. No...
3
3

new life at comp.misc
If you weren't already aware, a bunch of people who usually read got frustrated and went back to Usenet, partly because of the new slashdot beta interface Dice Media is imposing, partly because we all...
5
5

MDF?
How many things are wrong with that idea? OK... How many things are wrong with the idea of using MDF in there?
5
5

Baxi Neta-Tec Combi woes
Whilst newer boilers might use less gas, their running costs seem to offset any saving! Not sure if anyone here can help, but I get lock-out and an E-128 error that implies that there have been a...
8
8

OT Ubuntu 12.4 help with enabling wifi
After all the posts in here advocating Linux, I thought I would give it a try out. I've installed a dual boot version of ubuntu 12.04.4 alongside XP home on my Dell d420 laptop. With XP, the internal...
47
47

Faulty cordless phone - REN number ?
I had a call for assistance from a friend - her Siemens cordless phone and BT wireless router were misbehaving. A visit with a spare phone identified that the Siemens phone was the culpri t in that it...
2
2