OT Fuel cells

Possible new electricity source for the home. http://www.solarpowerportal.co.uk/news/uk_energy_prices_could_fall_by_21_using_fuel_cells_report_claims Run off gas I assume. Possible Feed In Tariffs too.
On 11/11/2014 15:42, harryagain wrote:

"The report was commissioned by Baxi, Ceramic Fuel Cells, Ceres Power, IE-CHP, Johnson Matthey Fuel Cells and Viessman."
So no bias at all...
--
Rod

The problems with the ones I've seen about are that their efficiency is not great as they need to operate at quite high temperatures. I suppose one could also harvest the low grade heat as well somehow. Brian
--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"harryagain" < snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com> wrote in message
On 11/11/2014 21:48, Brian Gaff wrote:

All the ones I have seen intended for domestic use do exactly that and produce copious amounts of hot water as a result. Their problem is that they tend to get poisoned and lose efficiency all too easily.
--
Regards,
Martin Brown