Subject Author Posted Replies

Safety Tempered glass = "toughened"?
While I'm looking at all the glass, does the kitemark and wordss in the bottom right of the glass here: "Safety Tempered" mean what I understand by "Toughened Glass" - ie Building Regs compliant for <...
31
31

Low pressure basin mixers.
We have gravity-fed hot water, and mains-fed cold. Missus wants a new basin in the bathroom with a mixer tap. I'd say we have about .2 bar hot water pressure, and the mains cold water pressure is,...
13
13

Ali windows - *sigh*
Why is everyone useless? Rang up the local glass place to see about replacing a load of blown DG panels in aluminium frames - probably circa 1970. The utter lack of knowledge and confidence is...
15
15

Grrr, what a scutter.
Trying to make the block paviour patio a bit more presentable before the weeds growing in the cracks turn it into a jungle. The joints seem to be well pointed with mortar but the accumulation of years...
9
9

Strange Phone Behaviour - The Sequel
Hi all Work related, but trying to sort myself so kind of DIY. OK so following on from "Siemens Phone not displaying Number" post, I have bought a newer Siemens Gigaset C300A to replace the C460...
9
9

Synthetic Clay Lubricant
So what's in it that makes it expensive. Is it just soap and water? (Its for use with a clay bar to polish your car)
5
5

OT: Thunderbird issues
Sorry for the OT, but I know that there are some TB experts here! I'm running TB - mainly for newsgroups - on 2 different W7 PC's - v11 on one and v17 on the other. The window layout on v11 is how I...
2
2

Auction
Joiners workshop contents for auction ...
14
14

TOT Barclay bank, crazy security
I had a single Barclay (mastercard) credit card that expired. I have no other Barclay bank or credit card accounts. Barclay have replaced the credit card with TWO cards. One is a Visa (credit) card...
82
82

BT Total Care?
What's the service called to obtain enhanced repair service for domestic BT lines? I meant to order this the last time we had a long outage but I've just spoken to BT Faults and they've told us it...
42
42

Soakaway
Why a waste? - the plants thrived last year: I have onions, courgettes, leeks, radishes,lettuces, parsley, strawberries
25
25

External ducting for a hob extractor
I need to fit a hob extractor vent but I can't get it more than 200mm away from the boiler terminal. To get the 300mm minimum distance I want to run the extractor duct a short way up the outside of...
5
5

Extension lead
Its probably time for a new one, but worth asking... Its a cassette job, rated 4A wound, 6A unwound. I've used it with multi-kW loads for years, ie power tools with limited duty cycle so nothing gets...
1
1

Photos for wall render
I think the paint covering is WallShield, but I am assuming that the render effect is not part of the paint. The particle size is less than 5mm and sharp edged, so I am assuming that it is some king...
3
3

Gah! Locks...
Why is it whenever I touch a lock or a door handle, it turns into a woodworking exercise? Got some new sash/mortice handles to replaced shagged old ones. Screw holes are 3mm offset each. Enough to...
18
18