zip tie unlock key

Thomas Prufer wrote on 1/26/2023 2:13 AM:

Deliberately leaving strips of copper wires all over the place amongst electronic and electrical equipment is not a good idea.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

I have a cable tie gun but it's more trouble than its worth. Quicker & easier to do it by hand.

Reply to
wasbit

In that case you would either install or replace with ties that are designed to be re-usable.

Reply to
wasbit

That's commercial use rather than domestic. Speed trumps costs.

Reply to
wasbit

If anyone remembers how to lace a harness...

Reply to
rbowman

That gets tedious when you're building harnesses with hundreds of ties.

Reply to
rbowman

We used something similar in the military, or I should say we had such a tool in every toolbox. It was usually much faster to grab the tail with a pair of pliers, give it a yank to cinch it up, then either tape the tail or snip it with dykes. As others have said, a snipped tail can be very sharp.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

... or remembers how the lace breaks on the next-to-last knot...

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

Back in the '70s we got a contract for airport ALS (rabbit) controllers. At the time the FAA didn't approve of those new-fangled nylon ties and everything had to be laced.

Luckily most of the workers were women and they took it in stride as another macrame project.

Reply to
rbowman

But a lot more convenient to you as you don't have the right tool

Reply to
Sargan

But I am trying to get the right tool because I saw that they are available when one was used in a video short.

Reply to
chop