Yuk - maggots in the bin

Round our way it's Magpies. Who are viscous buggers. I have an abiding memory of looking out the kitchen window and seeing 5 Magpies* strutting

5-abreast across the lawn, looking for all the world like there were re- shooting an avian version of "Reservoir Dogs". *1 for sorrow ...5 for a secret never to be told ?
Reply to
Jethro_uk

In message , Jethro_uk writes

1 for sorrow, 2 for joy, 3 for a girl, 4 for a boy, 5 for silver, 6 for gold, 7 for a secret never to be told. 8 is a wish 9 a kiss 10 is a bird you should not miss.

MAGPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Bill

I never thought magpies were slimy? Perhaps you meant vicious?

:o)

Reply to
Huge

They can only climb up a plastic container if it's wet. If the rubbish isn't up to the rim, leave the lid open for a while so it can dry in the sun, and then they'll be stuck down with the rubbish. (It might get cold enough at night to form condensation on the inside again though.)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I was going to point out that they only went viscous after they'd been dead a while.

Reply to
Bob Eager

:-)

Reply to
stuart noble

Back to maggots...

Reply to
polygonum

Flog 'em off to the local Anglers;)...

Reply to
tony sayer

And move your bin to a less sunny spot?

Reply to
mogga

I don't want weekly collections of every bin, whatever Mr P may say. Fortnightly is just fine for the landfill, the recycling bin, and the garden waste bin.

The waste food bin *is* collected every week, so that's fine.

Reply to
Tim Streater