yellow plaster - sulphur?

I attempted some plastering for the first time yesterday. I used Wickes patching plaster on quite a small area 0.3m^2 -ish. I am pretty sure the mix was a bit too wet. Anyway, this morning, there were yellow stains in the plaster. Is this likely to be sulphur and, more importantly, is it a problem? Should I hack it off and try again?

It's a 30s house, the patch had the original wooden battens as a base.

Thanks.

Reply to
simpi

This is a vey common problem, you just have to paint the yellow patches with an oil based general purpose primer before you decorate.

Let the plaster dry first of course.

Reply to
Zip 1