Yale intruder alarms- user comments

Does anyone have any comments on the Yale intruder alarms? I have had some quotes from professionals and they are very expensive so I may go the DIY route.

Reply to
Catnap

I use 3 separate Yale wireless alarm systems (home/office/workshop) and I like them. All are HSA3500 and I believe this model has now been superceded. Installation is a doddle. Setup is simple and operation is faultless. I haven't yet had a false alarm, but the last system was only put in about a year ago. The range of accessories is pretty good but they are not cheap in comparison to other makes. I chose this one for its ability to communicate by 'phone. My only niggle is that the bellbox is battery powered. The Yale helpline (very good BTW) says that it has to be so but the battery pack can be located remotely and thus more accessible. Having said that only 1 of my systems uses a bellbox anyway. There are many who say that wireless systems are insecure. I can't comment on that but I would say that they are more than enough to deter all but the most determined blaggers.

Nic.

Reply to
Nic o'demus

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 18:13:22 GMT, in uk.d-i-y "Catnap" strung together this:

I wouldn't, but that's probably just me. Look for alarms manufactured by ADE, simple to install and programming is fairly straight forward too, unless you're a total novice in which case you'll end up with an alarm that on the surface of it works, but underneath is so badly specced and programmed that a 3 year old can defeat it.

Reply to
Lurch

We have a wireless Yale alarm fitted about a year ago. Seems to work OK, but the control box is huge and ugly compared to other makes. Chose it because I didn't want to lift all the carpets and floorboards, but had I been rewiring or replumbing, would have gone with a wired system.

Reply to
mike