WTB Slimline HF fluoro's?

Hi all,

As above really- I need non flicker, instant start flouro's for a kitchen job, looks like the 25 or 30w flavour.

There are the slimline under-kitchen-unit ones at TLC, but it doesnt specify if they have HF gear??

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

I think all the slimline ones for 'under cupboard' installation are HF instant start aren't they.

Reply to
usenet

Well I have a feeling they are too, but wondered if anyone actually has any experience??

Want to do a "flown" panel (probably eliptical) say about 3 -4 inches below ceiling level with flouro's around the upper periphery.

White ceiling- hoping for an even reflection of light off the ceiling to create ambient light and probably 3 or 4 12v halogens mounting in the center of the panel illuminating the work area diectly below...

Am I barking?!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

Sounds great - what are you making the panel from? I want to get rid of my

5ft flourescent - but can't easily access the space above for wiring in LV spots. The idea of a panel has been going around in my head for a while.
Reply to
John

If they are T4 tubes, yes. If they are 4W, 6W, 8W, or 13W T5 tubes, mostly no. Higher power T5 tubes, yes (but I've not seen any 'under cupboard' fittings for these newer high output T5 tubes).

I would design this to use the new high output T5 tubes without fittings, using descrete electronic ballasts (high output T5 tubes are designed for use only with electronic ballasts).

Sounds reasonable. One issue which springs to mind is the colour matching. Your halogens will be 2700k. You can get 2700k fluorescents to match, but in a well lit kitchen using fluorescent lamps, I would normally suggest

3500k otherwise. Think what colour temperature you want, and make sure all the tubes you intend to use are available in that same colour temperature (not sure T5's are available in 2700K).
Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

MDF I thought- with a router-ed beveled edge. Painted ceiling colour (Off-white;- "ivory" to SWMBO)

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

I have them. They're very good. Not one flicker from them. Very quick to warm up, unlike CFL types.

used 4x16W under the cupboards and a 30W shoved up the chimney flue to light the cooker.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle