World wide mains plug guide.

The message from Andy Wade contains these words:

Unlikely in a double socket in a shed.

I worked for a firm who had a Portacabin delivered one day. Rather than wire it in properly to the factory's supply, 'cos it was a Saturday and the sparks wasn't available then boss made up an extension lead with a plug at each end - one end went into a handy socket in the factory, the other end went into a handy socket in the Portacabin.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from David Hansen contains these words:

I (and he) would probably agree.

Reply to
Guy King

Except he has to fit a BS4343 socket everywhere he takes his welder.

(Not that I condone the original solution)

Reply to
Mark Carver

Well, these countries all use our 13A plugs and sockets:

Bahrain, Anguilla, Antigua, Bermuda, Botswana, Burma (Myanmar), Channel Islands, Cyprus, Dominica, Gambia, Gibralter, Grenada, Guyana, Hong Kong, Iraq, Irish Republic, Isle of Man, Jordon, Kenya, Kuwait, Liberia, Malawi, Malysia, Malta, Mauritius, Montserrat, Nigeria, Oman, Qatar, Seychells, Sierra Leone, Singapore, St Kitts & Neis, St Lucia, St Vincent, Sudan, Tanania, Trinidad & Tobago, Uninted Arab Emirates, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.

Actually, that's more countries than use any other single mains socket. The US 2-pin socket is the next most popular by count of countries. Our old round pin sockets are still somewhere around

4th in the list.
Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

"Mathew Newton" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Well, that point touched a nerve. Or two...

Reply to
Rod

On 8 May 2006 07:54:29 -0700 someone who may be "Mark Carver" wrote this:-

Does he take the welder to many places?

Reply to
David Hansen

The message from David Hansen contains these words:

I don't think he's unplugged the double plugs for ages.

Reply to
Guy King