Worktop end caps: flange up or down?

Metal end caps for worktops. Should these be fitted with the flange up, so it overlaps the edge of the worktop surface. Or flange down, so that the end cap is mounted flush with the work top surface.

Reply to
bruce_phipps

Flange down ie the trim lies flush with worktop.

Reply to
George

Sorry got that wrong,just had a look at end caps on screwme.

It can only go one way round ie one end has a curve to coincide with the rounded edge of the worktop.

Reply to
George

I'll get this right right now. ;-)

This depends on you whether you want it flush with the surface or whether you dont mind an edge on the end of the work surface. Flush looks better but needs a damn good router cutter to stop the laminate shattering.

Reply to
George

That's how I've always fitted them. Protects/hides the cut edge of the worktop.

Hah, but if the flange is recessed into melamine it looks more pro like and stops dirt getting trapped at the side of the flange if it were to overlap the surface.

Reply to
George

Thanks for your replies. You can fit the end caps either way up, I think. There is no cutting involved. I am just screwing the end cap to the end of the worktop, which was pre-cut at the manufacturers. Flush does look better. But fitting flange up means that there are no small gaps or fine alignment to worry about.

I think I'll go flush up. It looks neat enough for me.

Bruce

Reply to
bruce_phipps

??

But the flange is curved and so the groove that is formed between the flange and the melamine is also going to hold dirt. I'd also be concerned at how accurately the recess can be cut.