Workshop spectacles

Same here, exacpt the lens is frameless and can be hinged out of the way separately from the whole front.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I?ve worn specs since I was 13 or so and vari-varifocals for a number of years.

For reading etc, I don?t need specs, so the lower bit does nothing.

As a result, for close work, I?ve been able to make a convenient magnifier by removing the lenses from a pair of old frames and fixing a Loupe - I just drilled holes and used small cable ties. It isn?t pretty but it certainly works.

I also have a large, 4 or 5 inch, illuminated magnifying glass on a swing arm - ideal for PCBs etc.

Reply to
Brian Reay

I?ve got something similar. They are pretty good.

Reply to
Brian Reay

I have a pair of these:

are pretty much that. Flipping out of the way isn?t as easy as one might hope, but they do work.

Reply to
Jon Fairbairn

The spectacles are definitely two separate spectacles there was a good close up of the ends on this weeks show.

Reply to
Tricky Dicky