Worcestor combi software

I've just had a Worcester combi installed; I have heard that there is some software available for these boilers, my question's are

What dose this software do?

Is it of any use to and end user?

Where can I get the software?

How do you connect a computer to a Worcester combi?

Thanks

Reply to
newbie

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 14:26:59 +0100, "newbie" strung together this:

More than likely the Worcester installers CD-ROM, it's just a CD full of videos about how a combi works. It's not really what you think it is!

Reply to
Lurch

I'm guessing you refer to a model CDi

Its comms software so your laptop can talk to the boiler processor

Not unless you know what you are doing

Its not on release to the public (unless W-B have had a change of policy)

If you need to ask you really don't want to go there!

Reply to
John

Can you please explain what the software is used form ?

John

You seem to a person in the know.

I have made several assumptions around this software i.e. I believe its connection is via a serial port, but I was hoping some one would be able to confirm this.

If the software is for turning the boiler then it is no good to me, how ever if I can obtain the status of the boiler and it can inform me early of any impending problems, so I can have the engineer on site before the thing fails, then I think it would be of great use .

Also if the boiler fails and I can tell the engineer before hand the boiler is reporting xxxxxx has failed then I also stand a better chance of the boiler being fixed the same day and not return visits.

Reply to
newbie

As I said in my reply unless W-B have changed their policy the software is not available outside their own organisation so it is all academic. It is also a fact of life that most manufacturers service teams tend to want to confirm the fault themselves before bringing any special parts out (beyond what they normally carry as van stock).

Reply to
John

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 17:46:48 +0000 (UTC), "John" strung together this:

In much the same way as when you call your chosen roadside vehicle assistance company and tell them *exactly* what the fault is they will still send someone out after an hour only for them to inform you that they can't fix it because they don't have that part on the van and then have a recovery truck there within 5 minutes which could have all been arranged an hour previously.... Anyway, rant over!

Reply to
Lurch