Worcester-Bosch Hghflow 440

Hi,

I was looking at the SEDBUK website

and noticed that there was a "Worcester-Bosch Greenstar Highflow 440" boiler listed there. I telephoned W-B and they had not heard of this product. Does anyone know whether this boiler really exists?

W.

If it's in the database it's because they submitted the data!

Reply to
Tony Bryer

It's on their web site now. It's a shame their sales team don't know about it!

The Greenstar and HighFlow are two separate models. SEDBUK got the name wrong.

Reply to
IMM

No. There is a new model - see

It must have only come in within the past fews weeks. 20 litres/min. Not bad. A condensing version of the HighFlow. They are updating their range for next April when most boioers will have to be combi's. Expect all makers to do the same week by week. Nice boiler.

Reply to
IMM

> Thanks. It must have only come in within the past fews weeks. 20 litres/min.

It has a condensate pump, so it can be sited where a drain is not present.

Reply to
IMM

This is a 29kW model with internal heat bank for which they don't seem to specify the size. It may do 20lpm to begin with, but not when the heatbank is exhausted.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

From the diagrams it looks very similar to the old HF 400 series. However the marketing blurb goes on and on about the condensing feature and hardly mentions the heatbank. I guess the heatbank is the same size as the old boiler but they may have reduced its size to accomodate the extra components.

It then drops to 11 litres/min. Two stage. Never runs out of hot water. It will recover within minutes.

Reply to
IMM

Right. The point being that their 20lpm claim is stretching reality a little.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

No. It will do 20 litres/min and fill an average bath up at that rate before dropping down to 11 l/min.

Reply to
IMM

You don't know that because they don't specify the size of the heatbank.

There are a number of additional components crammed in there vs. the older product.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

These types of combi's are designed to fill one bath pronto and a have a v quick recovery in a matter of minutes after.

Reply to
IMM

Mmmm. We've had that discussion before and I don't see any point in repeating it.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Exactly. You haven't a clue.

Reply to
IMM

I am sure that discerning readers looking at previous threads will be able to realise the limitations of this approach and decide for themselves whether it affects them.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

What limitations? I'll answer for you. There are no limitations. For a one bathroom home these are the business.

Reply to
IMM

Can we presume that was a typo and you meant "condensing" rather than "combi's (sic)".

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

They are certainly a useful option for single bathroom homes and a considerable improvement on a typical instantaneous combi. However, they are not a panacea for all water heating problems.

They are have limitations. All products do. It is a case of matching the limitations to acceptable parameters for the specific problems being addressed.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle