Wood Lacquer.

Hi al. I have a solid pine display cabinet that I bought from argos a few years ago. It has what they call an antique pine lacquer finish and plain wooden knobs. I want to give it a make over before selling it. I can pick up some knobs on ebay but I want to give it a darker finish. Do I have to remove the old lacquer before applying a darker colour?

Thnaks.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51

I had some pine end-tables and sanded the whole lot down before staining with some darker stain and re-lacquering. The sanding and staining is easy, but the lacquer stage is a pain in the backside :-( End result looks really nice, though...

Reply to
Jules